Saturday, May 22, 2010

THE LAST OF THE LASTS...


Well,

Its come down to my last REAL weekend in Cape Town...its a stunning day and I am indoors...cleaning!!! My Saturday routine is to change soon. Tomorrow we hit Table Mountain again. This is how me and the training crew have decided to spend the last training session. Let me just tell you, I am now not as keen to relive the Table Mountain Torture Session tomorow as when I first suggested we hike TM again before I leave. I have serious thoughts to pull out tomorow...and I have good reason.

This is the last week of Cape Town life. The last week of having an office door with my name on it. The last week with my Cape Town 'family'. My last week of IDWITHELD. My last week of Ricoffy and shaken 2%. Last strenuous week of being a First Aider.

But it is a week for packing. Crying. Little sleep. Acid rising in the stomach ("butterflies in my tummy"). Stress? No. Training. Newspaper fingers. Moving. Lifting and loading. Then...

...8 hours drive HOME...

The silence on route home will be very loud. That's a given...

2 comments:

  1. Well, its almost the end of the chapter of which you speak. Its also unbelievable that you have chosen to leave these sunny shores for the icy cold, dark and over crowded streets of London. I know the first thought it about earning pounds, but the standard of living in the UK has increased substantially over the past few years. Anyhow, this is not meant to be one of "those" comments. It is meant to bring further to your attention that you have positively touched my life, with your warm endearing smile, infectious laugh, and the ever positive thoughts you always potray whenever I speak to you. You are a wonderous, marvellous and unforgettable person, and of course everyone that knows you, wishes you the very best in this life, and for all you will do, achieve and accomplish even more so, you are a blessing. I envy the people that you are going to meet, because they are going to get to see you, and speak to you everyday, something, we are going to miss in Sunny SA. You are going to warm the hearts and souls of the British, they are damn lucky sods. Pip Pip and all that, and a jolly good day my luvely.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there chick!

    How were your last few days at ADT? I remember on my last day I didnt get to greet everyone. Oh well... I emailed the people that I wanted to stay in contact with.

    Have a great time with your family and good luck with your final preparations for your new life in London.

    Love ya!
    Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete